Happy Valentines' Day! I consider today a day to make sure you remind those most important to you what they mean to you. I remember the days when it meant a special date or delicious sweets. Now I just enjoy making sure those most important to me know it. However you choose to celebrate today (or not) I wish you a wonderful day!
This card could truly be used for not only Valentine's Day, but any time you want to express love or sincere friendship. I had a fun time creating both the background and layered hearts. Here is how I made the background:
- Cut designer series paper in three different patterns to 6″ by 4″
- Cut each of these into 6″ by 1/2″ strips
- Cut a backing piece of card stock to 4 1/4″ by 5 1/2″
- Start by placing a strip about halfway down the short side and just over halfway across the long side
- Then more strips above the first until you reach the top of the backing piece
- Add vertical strips under the horizontal ones until the end of each collection lines up
- Create a horizontal assortment next to the vertical assortment
- Finish in the upper right quadrant with vertical strips
- Cut the strips to to the edge of the backing with scissors
- Cut the backing to 4″ by 5 1/4″ with a paper cutter to get clean lines
- Attach this to the 4 1/2″ by 11″ card
Here's what I did to make the layered hearts:
- Die cut all the heart layers with Lovely Lipstick
- Die cut the largest scallop heart with Crumb Cake
- Trace the inside and outside of the Crumb Cake heart of a scratch piece of card stock
- Cut between the two lines with scissors – this will become the backing for your layered hearts
- Using Multi-Purpose glue attache the largest scallop in Lovely Lipstick to the backing heart
- Attach the largest solid Crumb Cake heart inside the scalloped heart
- Attach the smaller Crumb Cake scallop heart using glue
- Attach the smallest Crumb Cake heart in the center
- Set aside to dry
Once the layered hearts are dry, use dimensionals to attach them to the patterned paper layer. Voila!
I have two more cards with retired products to share with you this week. For those I will ask you to identify the retiring products in the comments of the post to win a prize – check it out tomorrow for Part 2!
Pin for Later
Remember that if you order from me using this month's hostess code you will receive these beautiful pearl embellishments in early March!
The second release of Sale-a-Bration starts this Friday!